Wednesday, August 15

Waiting on Wednesday #2

Photobucket


Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries #1)
Michele Vail 

Due For Release: November 20, 2012
Published By: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304

From Goodreads:
The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper-and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. Within days, she’s shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts.

Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with. To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly-against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally.
I have been seriously dying to read this book since I first heard about it and I cannot wait to read it. It just looks amazing... I mean look at that cover it's absolutely stunning. And it sounds amazing! I love zombie books so the moment I read 'her zombie-raising abilities' I was like O_O OMG! Excited!
Plus the series is called The Reaper Diaries. I am pretty new to books about Reapers having only read the first two books in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series and Inbetween by Tara Fuller so I am dying to read more books about reapers.

This will definitely be one of those books that I will read as soon as I get it. I can't wait.

Photobucket


What's Left of Me
Kat Zhang

Publication Date: September 18, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen

From Goodreads: Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.
Since I first came across the cover of this book I have wanting to read it. I think it was on a blog I was following that posted this book on his/her waiting on wednesday post. I noticed the cover and almost immediately decided I wanted to read it. I actually read the blurb and then I was certain I wanted to read it. The story sounds so original and unlike anything else I have read. And I just love original stories and this sounds like it is going to be really original. It also sounds like there will be lots of world building needed to describe this special world and I also love world building, so I hope it is done well. So the blurb and the cover combined give me the idea that this is going to be a really good book. I already have it pre-ordered (ofcourse I have to own the paperback) and can't wait to read it!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the cover of Undeadly is absolutely stunning indeed! I LOVE books with reapers. And zombies? Yes, please!I so can't wait to read this one!<3

    I have the same pick as Lolita for my WoW, hehe. What's Left of Me sounds very good and original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both on my list..i check netgalley daily for Undeadly :( awesome picks! My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment