Thursday, August 16

Eden-West (Eden #2)

Eden West (Eden #2)
Janelle Stalder

Publication Date: August 14, 2012
Finish Date: August 13, 2012
Format: e-book
Source: from author for review




For Kayleighs review click here

From Goodreads: New beginnings, new conflicts, and new adventures arise in the second installment of the Eden Series, Eden-West.

Months after his initial journey to Eden, Aiden is learning to cope with his own transformation. His social status has changed, his friendship with his best friend Ethan is in jeopardy because of it, and worst of all, he has heard absolutely nothing from his new friends in Eden. What has become of the world he fell in love with? Are his friends safe? Is the war over? With no answers, and no hope for contact, Aiden decides to focus on his life in his world.

Just as he makes this decision, he encounters a familiar bright light and thinks he knows exactly what it means. Except the light isn’t at all what he expects and neither is the person behind it. When Aiden returns to Eden, it is to a whole new part of that special world, and a whole new set of adventures.

Weeks after Aiden was returned to his own world, Elisa is sent to Nysa, the revered Southern city, to retrieve the one thing she’d rather avoid – Wolf. Captain Turk instructed her to get in and get out - but that is easier said than done. When she finds her missing friend, she also stumbles upon a great deal of trouble. This trouble goes by one name – Markus, the leader of the Sun People.

Follow all your favourite characters as they ready themselves for battle and fight for a world threatened to be destroyed.
I was so looking forward to this book and it certainly loved up to my expectations. This book is full of action, mystery and conflict. I loved every second of it. It was a great book and even better than book 1.

The story is one of the best things of this book. So much is happening and even though there are many point of views it keeps interesting. I wanted to read more of every story and wanted to see how it all connected. This book is so good and the story is really good, it has many twists and turns that I didn’t see coming.

This book has multiple point of views and I really love seeing different sides of the story. Every point of view is interesting and even though I was a bit sad when that each pov ended the next was just as good. Also the pov switches are done very good and I was never confused about what was happening after a pov switch. I also really like every character, each of them is interesting and has their own personality. There are many characters, but still each has their own distinct personality and I was never confused about who was who.

The world building mainly takes place in the first book, but the author does a great job to let us learn even more about Eden in this book. There is still so much of the world that we didn’t know and I liked learning and seeing more about Eden. Janelle also beautifully describes each place and gives enough details that it almost seems real. Also this book mainly takes place in different parts of Eden than the first book and we get a feel of the customs and habits of the people in these other places.

So many things are happening in this book and the pace feels pretty fast. The fast pace also is due to all the different characters and their stories, so many things are happening at the same time. The multiple pov’s is really one of the things I love about this book. You see both sides of a conflict and it makes the story so much more believable.

The book almost feels too short. So much is happening and I want to read even more about all these characters and Eden. I really like each character and their story and can’t wait to see what happens next.

To conclude: I loved this book. The story is fast paced and interesting. The multiple pov’s are done really good and I love every character. I also liked seeing more of Eden and I can’t wait to read the next book.


2 comments:

  1. Tweeted, let's rave together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap I still have to get to this one! I LOVE this series!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment